Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Robin Nest

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that a bird was building a nest in my jackmanii clematis.  She chose a horrible place to put her nest (in my opinion).  It is located right where everyone has to walk when coming and going from the house and I figured she would abandon this idea when she realized how much traffic there is constantly passing within a couple of feet of her nest.  I checked about a week later and found there was 2 eggs.  The next day there was 3.  Today she has 4 eggs.


The nest is right in the center of the picture and surrounded with leaves.



When I stand on tiptoes I can see the eggs.



I'm glad it was a Robin that chose this spot for her nest.  Their eggs just happen to be my favorite color.  Her nest will soon be surrounded with beautiful flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty colors in your picture. How's the little rooster getting along? Is his crow working better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so there is a lot of traffic, but it is such a pretty place for a nest. : )

    ReplyDelete