Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Aztec Circle Lord

Some quilts are so difficult to get a good picture of the quilting.  Usually it is because of the busy designs on the fabric that seem to camouflage the stitching.  This quilt that I just finished is really pretty and I was so pleased with the quilting.  I used the Aztec design by Circle Lord to form the perfect flower designs in the squares.  Stitch in the ditch was added between the outer white border and the pieced interior.  Everything else was free motion stitched.  My customer brought the book with it and said she would be happy with the same quilting design as you could see in the pictures in the book.  I started by following what I could see of the pictured design, but then noticed how blocks were being formed as I criss-crossed the quilt with the loopy design.  I couldn't help myself!  I had to put something else in those blocks.  I got my Circle Lord out and after deciding on a complimentary design, I began to play.  It was a fun quilt!
I'm not a very good photographer so I tried different angles to catch the shadows.  Then I turned off the lights so that maybe the flash would create more shadows.  I don't know if any of that helped, but I was able to at least see the quilting in these 2 pictures.  Maybe someday I'll take a photography class like my friend Anita did, but probably not.  I think I would rather piece and quilt!

1 comment:

  1. I can see the quilting and it looks great.
    I'll tell you how I get my best photos of the quilting. I place my light source across the quilt from me, so the light is coming across the surface of the quilt toward me. (make sense?)
    Then I take the photo without the flash. Creates the best shadows to highlight the quilting.

    ReplyDelete