Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The chickens have started laying!

2 days ago I got my first eggs.  There was one egg in the morning and 2 more that evening.  Yesterday I found 3 more.  I just found 3 more.  They are not very big eggs.  Put 3 together and they would equal one jumbo size.  I have had company visiting from out of state for the last 3 days, so today I will make deviled eggs.  I decided to go on the internet and see if I could find a recipe for easy-to-peel eggs.  I am going to try this one.  I hope it works because I really hate it when it sticks to the shell.  I have 3 different colors of chickens and 3 different colors of eggs.  I don't know who is laying which, except that I was told my white chicken would lay a white egg.  I guess that makes sense.  I will post a picture after I try this method for cooking and peeling.  I will be cooking a dozen store bought extra large size eggs too since my chickens eggs would barely feed one person!

No comments:

Post a Comment