Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Lois Hilterbrand

This post is dedicated to my friend Lois Hilterbrand.  She passed away last week.  Her favorite color was orange.  It was always my least favorite color.  I met her over 20 years ago when I first moved to this area.  She was the president of the Mt Harrison quilt guild when I joined.  She talked me into taking her job that year when it was time to elect new officers.  I tried to convince her that not only did I know nothing about quilting, but I had never been in a leadership position!  I had only joined this group so that I could learn to make quilts.  She reassured me that I could do it and if I would just say yes to the nomination, they would elect me.  The only qualification seemed to be saying yes.  She promised to be at my beck and call anytime I needed her help.  So we became close buddies with my very frequent phone calls.  I later learned that one of the hay fields where I was baling belonged to her and her husband.  That gave us a whole new shared interest.  She told me some great stories about her baling adventures.  I miss her.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely orange block in honour of Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always difficult to lose a friend. One of my two quilting mentors died in January. You have made a nice block in her honor. BTW, I love orange! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks to honor your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really nice block. I'm sure your friend would approve.

    ReplyDelete