Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

HMQS guest quilt guild

 
YO-YOS


Our quilt guild will be hosted by HMQS this year!   
They will be showcasing our Mt. Harrison Quilt Guild!!!  Each guild member has the opportunity to put at least 2 quilts on display and the last I heard we are supposed to have over 80 quilts for the show!  I will have my tiny yo-yo quilt and one other miniature.  Each yo-yo is about 3/8 inch.  It is 6 1/2" square and made from 289 yo-yos.  When I began making this little quilt in 1996 I asked Mt Harrison members if anyone had a very tiny print in their stash, would they mind donating a 1" square of it to my yo-yo quilt.  At that time I was a fairly new quilter.  If I were crazy enough to do this again, I would not need to ask for even one donation because my fabric collection has grown considerably!  The other mini quilt is called Picket Fence.  It is machine quilted and is 9 1/2" square.  I will also have 3 other quilts of a more "normal" size.  I am excited about the opportunity to show my denim castle blues quilt, Rag Dolls quilt, and a Raggedy Ann and Andy round robin quilt.

                                                                                                               If you have the opportunity to come to HMQS I would highly recommend it!  The competition quilts are simply amazing, the teachers are so talented and inspiring, and the vendor mall itself could keep you entertained for hours!  For an added bonus there are free demonstrations hourly on the main stage. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are a couple of TINY quilts, Gail! Very cute!
    If I make it to HMQS this year it will be fun to look for the quilts of someone I know.

    ReplyDelete